[standards-jig] NEW JEP: Direct TCP (JEP-0046)

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Wed Sep 18 12:10:34 CDT 2002

Dave,

I'm not aware of the iChat protocol, but DTCP is not in any way Jabber-ish by
itself.  It is just an arbitrary TCP connection.  Sending client-to-client
XML over the line might be one application of it, but that is outside the
scope of the spec.

What the connection will be used for needs to be specified in the <comment>
tag, just like DSPS.  What actually goes in here will need to be discussed
further (and standardized), I'm guessing.

-Justin