[standards-jig] UPDATED AGAIN: Multi-User Chat, v. 0.4

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Thu Sep 19 02:13:42 CDT 2002

Hi again,

  Talking to aleksey and ressu in the jdev room brought up another
  issue:

  How do you find out what the settings of a room are? is it moderated,
  etc (note, i'm going to want to add topic locking at some point ;) )

  Ok, this is entering the realms of disco, but might not a presence
  packet from the room with the settings encoded work? Say when a user
  first connects and whenever a change is made?

  Which reminds me - is browse being mentioned? If so (or if not) how is
  it going to be handled? My favourite so far is to allow rooms to have
  it locked to admin users only.

Regards,

  David