[standards-jig] Version 0.6 of JEP-0045 (Multi-User Chat)

nick nick at jabberstudio.org
Sun Sep 22 20:01:19 CDT 2002

Who says that we need a hierachy? What about a hierachy is so important
when it comes to this protocol? The protocol should _not_ reflect the
implementation, yet that is exactly what you are advocating. By making
the protocol implementation specific you are basically killing any other
ideas or improvements to the protocol. What if the implementation
suddenly has a design flaw? Would you suggest going back and altering
the protocol to meet application specs? If, so I don't you want you
anywhere near any projects I'm working on.