[standards-jig] Version 0.6 of JEP-0045 (Multi-User Chat)

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Mon Sep 23 12:22:48 CDT 2002

Hi Phil,

  Let me clarify my statement some more. JEP-0045 will be used for more
  than just the conference service. I need to use it for the
  IRC-transport, for tight integration between Jabber and IRC. I can see
  the MSN-transport needing some of the jep for when handling multi-way
  conversations.

  Any of the components which require a way to handle communication
  between multiple people can and should use this, so there is a
  standard system of communication between component and client.

  The things i've read about the heirarchy design are more for a
  specific implementation of conference. Its not going to help with
  other implementations like IRC. JEP-0045 is a low level 'building
  block' onto which can be added other blocks to make a different
  structure.

  So, although this will form the foundation of conferencing, it will
  form a foundation block in other systems too.

Regards,

  David