[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0004

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at blueairnetworks.com
Mon Sep 23 16:56:45 CDT 2002

Thomas Muldowney wrote:
> A quick question so I can better reply to your position.  Are you
> comparing this to XForms or HTML Forms?  You're previous reply made it
> seem like you were comparing to the weak HTML Forms, but now it seems
> more like XForms.

Neither and both, really... I think there are strengths and weakenesses
in both, and I'm not really trying to advocate using either one directly
in jabber... however, for many of the applications I am working on, it
would be tremendously helpful if I could pop up forms and do dialog
exchanges via jabber.  I initially thought that x:data was the means to
doing this, but have been corrected in my thinking.

-R