[standards-jig] JEP 0045

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Wed Sep 25 14:35:51 CDT 2002

Hi all,

  Chatting with aleksey, i've another request.

  When changing nick, can at least the 'unavailable' nick have a status
  code, say 303, to tell the client that this is as a result of a nick
  change, just for clarity of the protocol. I would be for having the
  status code for the available packet too, should the want arise of
  being able to moderate nicks, or have generic nicks. There has already
  been a request for nicks assigned by server, and this would tell the
  client that the server is requesting that nick 'xyzzy' is to be used.

Regards,

  David

--
David Sutton