[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0004

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at blueairnetworks.com
Wed Sep 25 20:16:17 UTC 2002

Ryan Eatmon wrote:
> Because his definition of a form and our definition are different.  He
> wants field types, tab order, keyboard accellerators, positioning, etc...

Indeed, I think these things are important to making real-world forms
(more than register/search features).  And my argument has been that a
spec needs to exist, to prevent each client implementing their own way
of describing form elements.

> While all we are trying to do is provide a simple method for asking
> for/passing around data.

Hmm, wasn't this the whole point of XML itself?  Place data inside tags
to describe what it is... <container>data</container>.  That's very
flexible and useful in many contexts.  DTD and Schema provide some
structure and validation, without interfering with the data directly.

I guess I really need to see some x:data in action to better judge it.