[standards-jig] NEW JEP: Inband Bytestream (JEP-0047)

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Mon Sep 30 05:53:55 CDT 2002

> I want to remind the discussion of the karma settings, which can be a very
> annoying issue for transmitting data as "inband" data.

Ah yes almost forgot about that, thats another spanner in the works, this
probably needs to be done over a different connection to the server then, to
a port specially for it that has higher karma settings, that will also help
with the problem of people sending inband when the server admin does not
want to allow it because they can simply not supply this port and set the
karma appropriately so the low levels of messages and presence etc will get
though but as soon as someone tries to do a inband transfer it will bring it
to a halt.

Richard