[2] [standards-jig] NEW JEP: Inband Bytestream (JEP-0047)

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Mon Sep 30 05:50:18 CDT 2002

"Richard Dobson" <richard at dobson-i.net> wrote on 30-9-2002 12:39:05:

>I would think that bandwidth use is the most important, and there also
>has to be the option of discovering if inband transport is allowed on
>the server, it has to be something a server admin can turn on and off,
>as it could potensially cost a lot in extra bandwidth.
>
>Richard

Bandwith usage is configurable on the server with Karma. If you give
serveradmins the ability to block the *standard* way of exchanging
inband data client will go around this and do it in non-standard ways
(eg stuffing it into a <message/>). Then we'll end up with no standard
again.

--
Tijl Houtbeckers
Java/J2ME/GPRS Software Engineer @ Splendo