[2][standards-jig] NEW JEP: Inband Bytestream (JEP-0047)

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Mon Sep 30 15:17:32 CDT 2002

Justin Karneges <justin-jdev at affinix.com> wrote on 30-9-2002 22:09:24:

>Tijl,
>
>> I think that if you put something in the JEP about how to explicitly
>> block inband transfers, and if it can be blocked by something simple
>> on the server like putting a <blockinband/> in jabber.xml it won't
>> help much in getting every client to use the same standard. I could
>> be wrong ofcourse :)
>
>Argh no, this should never be explicitly blocked.  I mean, I guess it
>could be, but...

Glad to see the author of the JEP agrees with me, I hope that means
such a thing won't make it into the JEP then. So what are your thoughts
on changing the JEP so that the sending party has to wait on the "ACK"
from the receiving party before sending the next sequence? Also would
like to see that example 8 (acking of a <close/>) is mandatory.