[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0124 (HTTP Binding)

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 11:55:19 CDT 2005

> > But again I am confused -- won't the CM connect on something
> > other than the client-to-server port? The CM is not a client
> > proxy, is it?
>
> Yes, in most of today's implementations it is. Hopefully this
> won't always be the case.

FYI, the reason that I wrote my implementation as a proxy is that I
wanted it to be compatible with all XMPP servers, even those that have
not published their module protocol (e.g. XCP).

Proxies will continue to exist until all server implementations support
JEP-0124 - with native modules that are distributed with the main server
at no extra cost.

- Ian