[Standards-JIG] privacy2 anti-SPIM proto-JEP

Tomasz Sterna tomasz.sterna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:35:11 CDT 2005

2005/9/2, Ian Paterson <ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk>:
> > What if the server never gets a challenge reply?
> My idea is that the server drops the stanza:

Silently or with sending error back?

> 1. after a configurable period of time (1 week?)
> 2. if it receives a configurable number of stanzas (5?) from the same
> JID without receiving a correct challenge reply

I would just put them in the offline storage and apply normal offline
storage expiration rules.

If the sender finally sends a succesfull challenge reply and become a
correspondent, or a reciever opens the filter for him (probably after
OOB contact), the messages are released free.

--
smk