[Standards-JIG] bot-challenge proto-JEP

Tomasz Sterna tomasz.sterna at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 09:57:00 CDT 2005

2005/9/2, Gary Burd <gary_jabber at beagledreams.com>:
> > > 1. Romeo sends [a stanza] to Juliet.
> > > 2. Juliet's server sends a [challenge] message to Romeo
> Why not just do this?  Unlike Bot Challenges, this will work with
> existing clients.

I don't really like the idea that challenging entity is other then the
stanza recieving entity.

If I would have a very tight privacy list, the challenge message would
not pass it.
So I would need to modify my client to open direct communication with
the recievers server.
And that woul jeopardize the "existing clients support" idea.

Second thing is that I would like my client to display challenge
dialog differently than other. With some comment, special icon etc.
How would it differentiate challenges from other messages that happens
to carry text, OOB URL and dataform?

--
smk