[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Best Practices for Verifying Roster Items

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Sep 8 17:00:25 UTC 2005

FYI, the Jabber Council decided today that it was premature to publish
this document as a JEP until we get a chance to discuss it further on
the list. So, would folks like to discuss it? :-)

This document defines best practices for verifying the existence of a
roster item. The main motivation is to be consistent with how IMPS
(Wireless Village) does things, since they separate roster management
from presence subscriptions. However, it seems that these best practices
could be followed in the Jabber/XMPP world as well.