[Standards-JIG] typo in JEP 79

Jacques Belissent jacques.belissent at sun.com
Thu Sep 22 15:55:20 CDT 2005

good point.  Just ran into what either another error or utmost confusion
on my part.

The JEP says:

3.3.3 match-resource

The "match-resource" condition is used to restrict delivery based on the
resource identifier of the recipient JID.

The condition is met if the resource for the actual destination JID
matches the specified destination JID using the above rules. For
instance, if a message is intended for "romeo at montague.net/work" with
the "match-resource" condition of "other", the condition is met if the
message can be immediately delivered only to "romeo at montague.net/home".

and then in the examples section

5.1 Reliable Data Transport

The <message/> stanza is nearly ideal for data transport, but to ensure
reliability it is often desirable that such messages not be delivered to
any resource but that specified. To facilitate this, the sending entity
includes a <rule action='drop' condition='match-resource'
value='exact'/> (if failure notification is unnecessary) or <rule
action='error' condition='match-resource' value='exact'/> (if failure
notification is required). The following example illustrates this using
In-Band Bytestreams [9]:

Now my question:
If i understand section 3.3.3, the condition match-resource=exact will
match if the indended receiving resource is available, causing the
message to be drop/failed.  Is this what we want?  Or do we want the
delivery to fail if the message can *not* be delivered to the intended
destination.  In the latter case shouldn't the rule be
  <rule action='drop' condition='match-resource' value='other'/>
?

Thanks for clarifying.
Jacques