[Standards-JIG] Re: proto-JEP: Flagging the Primary Resource

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Tue Sep 27 01:12:11 CDT 2005

> The proto-JEP didn't say exactly where or how this should be used. We
> have priorities for a reason, so why would I want to use this when I can
> just send messages or whatever to the bare JID and get the highest
> priority resource?

Here's an example:

I have a Jabber status script on several web sites which displays the
status of a given JID.  It currently needs to go through logic to
determine which JID is the highest priority.

This JEP, as far as I can tell, avoids the need to do this logic.

Although, I'm not totally sold on whether this is much better than, say,
defining the "most available" JID better in the first place.

TX