[Standards-JIG] proposal : defer action in AMP (JEP 79)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Tue Sep 27 09:22:21 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 03:23:39PM -0700, Jacques Belissent wrote:
> [..]
>
> If you have an amp element in the message that says "deliver only to
> this specific client, ever (use case a)", why would you want to deliver
> to the different client?

Although I generally appreciate the idea presented here, I wanted to
note that forcing a message to be sent to a particular resource, albeit
through offline storage is not equivalent to delivery to a certain
client.

Note that you could use another client that connects using the same
resource. That new client might have other features than the client
the message was actually destined for. Of course this is also the case
without this AMP extension.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm