[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Flagging the Primary Resource

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Sep 28 14:27:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 04:04:48PM +0200, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> 2005/9/27, JEP Editor <editor at jabber.org>:
> > Abstract: This document defines a simple XMPP presence extension for flagging which resource is currently the primary resource.
> The xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/primary' does not really say
> what it is, that is primary.
> I think it should be more descriptive.

I strongly disagree. 'primary' is the short name of this proposal
(mentioned in every JEP's 'JEP Information' block) and there is no need
for namespaces to be descriptive. People should refer to the
corresponding JEP for that.

For comparison consider:

 - muc
 - amp
 - si

What might be useful, though, is that when the namespace is deferenced
as if it was a URL, the corresponding webpage points to the JEP that
provides this namespace.