[Standards-JIG] Broken mu-conference password invites?

Etan Reisner deryni at eden.rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 29 01:13:04 CDT 2005

jabber.org (mu-conference) seems to be sending the room invite stanza
incorrectly, it is setting the <password> element as a child of the
<invite> element as opposed to as a child of the <x
xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'> which according to my
reading of the spec it should be doing. I noticed this after people at
work were having problems on our server (ejabberd) when I went to try to
fix the code in our client I noticed it broke jabber.org. Looking for
consensus as to who is wrong and what (if anything) will happen from
here.

Thanks.

 	-Etan

A couple side notes:

element but <continue> is a child of <invite>?

And I don't really know how to read schemas but is the schema correct
for how the <continue> element is used/placed? It would seem it should
be under 'invite' not under 'item'.