[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Flagging the Primary Resource

Robert Mibus mibus at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 29 19:45:23 CDT 2005

This may be a daft though from someone who doesn't really know a lot of
low-level XMPP specifics, but why can't you just say that a server can
artificially inflate a presence packet's priority?

eg. Client 1 & 2 sign in, both with a priority of 0. The server
determines (by whatever means) that client 1 is "primary". It then sends
a presence stanza for client 1 with a priority of "127" (despite client
1 asking for a priority of 0).

That would save on the extra XML, as well as not require a whole new
JEP.

-- mibus

--
Robert Mibus <mibus at mibus.org>