[Standards-JIG] iq for ibb

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Tue Dec 5 15:33:32 CST 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 1:20 pm, Alex Wenckus wrote:
> We implement XEP-47 as part of Smack and therefore Spark. We have yet to
> update to the latest version of the XEP, so, IBB would currently fail
> for us if someone were to choose to use iq instead of message.

Do you know of any actual use of IBB by Smack in deployed applications?  The
message-based version is almost useless, and irresponsible to promote,
without AMP and Ack.

But, if it is the case that people are actually using IBB as it was originally
written, then I agree we should make it possible to know if iq is supported.

-Justin