[Standards-JIG] iq for ibb

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Tue Dec 5 21:25:03 CST 2006

Justin Karneges wrote:
> On Monday 04 December 2006 8:36 pm, Mridul wrote:
>
>>   Since iq has also been introduced for ibb recently
>> (http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/xmpp/extensions/xep-00
>> 47.xml?r1=1.2&r2=1.4), is there any way for client to declare that they
>> prefer or support one over other ? None of the older clients are going to
>> understand iq ibb stanzas for example : same for servers.
>>

> I'm not aware of any serious XEP-47 implementations, so I figured nothing was
> going to break.
>
> -Justin

We have implemented xep 47 for more than a couple of releases (an year
or more ?).
Server side content filtering, file transfer to conferences, file
transfer between firewall'ed entities, etc depend on this xep since we
were not expecting a basic change like this ....

So yes, we do have clients and servers deployed which will now break or
exhibit loss of functionality.

Regards,
Mridul