[Standards-JIG] Problem implementing XEP-0191 / Mapping XEP-0191 on XEP-0016

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Thu Dec 7 12:05:58 CST 2006

Hi Matthias,

  This is similar to my observations when I was scoping this out.
We already have privacy list implementation and there does not seem to
be an easy fit of how to map simple blocking to privacy list.
Other/similar problems we are trying to work around are :
1) How to report partial blocking thru privacy list (16 list data) as
simple comm blocking (191 data) ? Similarly, when you remove all
blocking through 191, how will it affect these entries in 16 privacy
list ? What is the 'order' for an entry added through 191 ?
2) How to manage different lists being active for different resources of
the jid (what will the block list be ? enforcing , etc) : ignore 191 in
case non default list is active for a resource ?
3) Modifying active list while in use , if default is changed. Also,
when default is changed by a resource - do we propagate new list as 191
blocking list also ?

We are still going through the potential issues like you, so hopefully
answers to these will shape our thinking better.

Thanks,
Mridul