[Standards-JIG] In order delivery for xep-0047 ?

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 13:10:43 CST 2006

I agree with the quotes below from Remko, Matthias and Kevin.

Since the intention has always been for in-order delivery, either we
need to tighten up the wording of the RFC a little to remove any
possible doubt, or we need to agree a radical change to XMPP to allow
client implementations to reorder the instant messages they receive.

Such a major change is unlikely to be agreed at this late stage, and IMO
it would not be desirable anyway since it is incompatible with our
Simple Clients mantra.

- Ian