[Standards-JIG] In order delivery for xep-0047 ?

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Mon Dec 11 11:55:45 CST 2006

Hello,

Le 10 déc. 06 à 20:38, Michal 'vorner' Vaner a écrit :

> It may be OK for IBB to reorder it, but what if you have normal chat
> session? Then you are doomed if you get them reordered, you do not
> know
> if some is missing, and you can not repair it after you showed the
> message.

My point was not about chat.
It was about the semantic of IQ. I already add many discussion on the
topic I previously described:

"To make it more concret, here is a real life example: sending a
roster get and then your presence: Is a server really breaking the
spec if the client end up receiving some presences packet before
having received the roster ?
In my opinion, it can be up to the client to wait for the roster,
before sending its presence if this order matter for the client.
Otherwise, the server should propagate the presence as soon as
possible, as asked by the client."

There is a real question here. What is the correct behaviour in the
previous case ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/