[Standards-JIG] XEP-0049 result if namespace not stored

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Tue Dec 12 13:24:20 CST 2006

Matthias Wimmer schrieb:
> Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
>> What about an <item-not-found/> error?
>
> Oh right ... that's best :)

I wanted to note, that I got the first problem reports about this change
now. It seems, that some clients think that private XML storage is not
supported if they get the <item-not-found/> error and even do not try to
store data.

... but still I think that <item-not-found/> is the correct answer, and
that clients treating this as "feature not supported" are buggy.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56