[Standards-JIG] DEFERRED: XEP-0171 (Language Translation)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Dec 15 11:16:55 CST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 09:46 -0500, Boyd Fletcher wrote:
> We would like to move it back to experimental. We have a working
> implementation and their are several others that are work on ones as well.
> Just because  the XEP isn't changing doesn't mean there is a lack of
> interest.

Hi Boyd,

We have a defined process for XEPs, which you can read about in
XEP-0001. For a spec to come out of Deferred it either needs to be
changed to reflect new insights (new revision), or submitted to the
Council for review to move to Draft status. In the latter case, if the
Council doesn't object, there will be a Last Call and then the Council
will vote on the XEP.

If you say the spec is good as is, you can try the latter.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm