[Standards-JIG] XEP-0163: PEP updates

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 20 03:53:30 UTC 2006

Ever since XEP-0163 was advanced to Draft in September, I've had the
lurking suspicion that something was not quite right. The problem is the
"hardcoding" of namespaces to NodeIDs (i.e., a one-to-one relationship
between the two). Last week I got a chance to talk about the problem at
length with Ian Paterson, as a result of which I came up with an
alternate approach that specifies a one to many relationship between
payload types and NodeIDs (and optionally a middle layer for wrapper
namespaces, with a one to many relationship between data format
namespaces such as Atom or x:data and wrapper namespaces). My proposed
changes are here:

Feedback is welcome as always.

Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation