[Standards] Link-Lokal Messaging and PEP?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon Apr 2 07:33:37 CDT 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 02:19:31PM +0200, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> Well, that's exactly why I wrote this thread's initial mail. Imagine
> being on a busy student network, where 100 people are using some kind
> of bonjour-based XMPP client.

Are you sure it is a scenario, where Link-Local XMPP should be used?
IMHO that would be an abuse of link-local messaging. What is needed here
is a server and a protocol to discover the server in the local network.

I think link-local communication is good for small home/ad-hoc networks,
but I doubt it can be efficient and reliable mean of communication for
100 people in a network.

Greets,
        Jacek