Mridul Muralidharan mridul at sun.com
Tue Apr 10 15:38:58 CDT 2007

About the node in disco query ...

Actually I have a query regarding iq.
In some xep's (& rfcs), the iq response has just the type & id (<iq
type="error|result" id="id1" />).
Some others include the namespace.
While in yet others (usually in context of error), the request query is
also included.

Some api's/clients/servers refuse to behave properly if the namespace is
not in the iq response. While some others do not generate namespace in
cases.
Shouldn't clients/servers keep track of iq's based on from-to-id tuple ?
Isn't that not enough ? Or is this documented as a MUST somewhere and I
am missing something ?

Regards,
Mridul