[Standards] Re: IDNA text for rfc3920bis

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Apr 13 16:09:05 CDT 2007

On Fri Apr 13 20:49:23 2007, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> In my working copy I have added the following sentence:
>
>    If the domain identifier is a fully qualified domain
>    name, the final character of the domain identifier MUST NOT be
> any
>    character that is recognized as a dot, i.e., U+002E (full stop),
>    U+3002 (ideographic full stop), U+FF0E (fullwidth full stop), or
>    U+FF61 (halfwidth ideographic full stop); i.e., the domain name
> MUST
>    NOT include an explicit zero-length root label as described in
>    [STD13].

I'm not sure redefining the list (even if it's the same values for
now) is a good idea.

What about:

If the domain identifier is a fully qualified domain name, the final
character of the domain identifier MUST NOT be a dot recognized as an
IDN label separator as defined in Section 3.1 requirement (1) of
[RFC3490].

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/