[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0129 (WebDAV File Transfers)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Apr 19 13:02:47 CDT 2007

Mridul wrote:
> XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
>> Version 0.3 of XEP-0129 (WebDAV File Transfers) has been released.
>>
>> Abstract: This document specifies a method for completing file
>> transfers between XMPP entities using WebDAV.
>>
>> Changelog: Corrected to reflect changes to XEP-0070; incorporated
>> WedDAV feedback. (psa)
>>
>> CVS Diff: [currently unavailable]

> Oh great, it is out of Deferred state !
>
> By the way, is there any way to ask the webdav/xmpp server to create a
> random file and send the URI  back to the client ? This would help in
> using this mechanism as a file transfer mechanism between arbitrary
> users/rooms.

Sure, there are methods for that in WebDAV. In fact the "If-None-Match"
header handles that (added in version 0.3 of XEP-0129). This update
incorporates feedback from some WebDAV experts, who pointed out that the
requirement for the client to generate a unique URL is unnecessary if we
use "If-None-Match".

XMPP Standards Foundation