[Standards] Data Forms Discovery

Nathan Fritz nathanfritz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:11:18 CDT 2007

So, we all agree that Service Discovery shouldn't be used to announce
support of standards that are part of another XEP that is already in the
Service Discovery feature list.  However, this does not resolve the issue of
discovering support for jabber:x:data in message and presence stanzas, which
the XEP clearly states as a possibility.  Can we please add wording to
XEP-0004 that a client SHOULD list jabber:x:data in Service Discovery if
they support jabber:x:data stanzas within message and presence stanzas,
outside the support of other protocols that use jabber:x:data?

I interpret XEP-0004 to mean that, by listing jabber:x:data stanzas within
message and presence stanzas as a possibility, that these stanzas would be
supported without having to have a new XEP to actually use jabber:x:data
within these stanzas.  Or is the mention of the possibility simply stating
that a future XEP could place them in message and presence stanzas, but
currently is outside the scope of any existing XEP?