[Standards] XEP-0174: multiple JIDs

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Fri Apr 20 05:51:39 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:09:06PM -0700, Justin Karneges wrote:
> DNS-SD doesn't use multiple TXT records afaik.  There's just one record, with
> many key/value pairs (I don't remember if the keys have to be unique).

The attribute names have to be unique too. The DNS-SD spec says that you should
ignore all but the first occurance of a attribute name in the TXT record.

> On Thursday 19 April 2007 4:04 pm, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > That makes more sense.
> >
> > Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> > > Why not multiple TXT records with jid=
> > >
> > >    <owner> IN <ttl> TXT "jid=stpeter at jabber.org"
> > >    <owner> IN <ttl> TXT "jid=maineboy at jabber.org"

Comma-seperated like in mail headers would probably be better. So you can also
use the ``Example account <user at example.com>'' type addresses.

That said. What's the use-case for announcing multiple e-mail address/jid's?
For vcard like purposes it would be better to request a real one via xmpp i
guess, so you can have more complete information (work/private/whater jid/mail)

  Sjoerd
--
Power corrupts.  And atomic power corrupts atomically.