[Standards] XEP-0065: SOCKS5 acknowledgement after stream activation

Alex Wenckus alex at jivesoftware.com
Mon Apr 30 17:50:14 CDT 2007

Jakob,

While the XEP does appear to call for two acknowledgements, one when the
target successfully connects to the proxy and another from the host when
it successfully connects to the proxy, I also have found that no one
implements this. The way it is handled in Openfire/Spark is that we wait
for any content across the wire after the Stream Host acknowledgement,
and consider that to be acknowledgement that the stream is active. Would
that behavior be adequate for your proposed use case?

Thanks,
Alex