[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: MUC Auto-Join

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Fri Jun 1 18:01:05 CDT 2007

Mridul Muralidharan Wrote:

> [Different Client Options for Joining a Room]

> Since the room invites the user to the conference,
> shouldn't this not be a client configuration/customization ?

I don't think this is a room level thing - I think it's a client thing.
The room may be configured to allow all sorts of things, but it's up to
me which options I want.

Other examples include a calendar function, "Auto-join this room
Monday-Friday" or "Only join if the time is between 8AM and 5PM".
(Similar to the way a recurring meeting setup works in Outlook).

> Does this need to go into roster ? Maybe in client's config settings ?

I don't really see where else it would go. I certainly want it stored
somewhere on the server, so that it works with all my clients.

> What I particularly like about the proposal is that
> it allows leveraging existing roster infrastructure
> in the server with almost no modifications required
> by just sticking to 3921.

I like that too. But I just don't think it's enough...

--
Chris Mullins