[Standards] Jingle initiate and resource determination

Lauri Kaila lauri.kaila at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:33:32 CDT 2007

Hi Ian,

2007/6/6, Ian Paterson <ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk>:
> > What do you think about this idea: Jingle session receiver publishes
> > session-initiate, accept and terminate stanzas. That would provide
> > means to implement "someone calling/sends a file to your PC" note on a
> > mobile device.
>
> Sorry, I didn't understand your idea. Could you please expand it. Thanks.

OK - I'll try. I haven't studied Publish-Subscribe and PEP enough to
be more precise, but I assume that it would be quite easy to
distribute Jingle stanzas between a person's own XMPP clients using
the same account. XEP-0166 would need to define more specifically how
to get these "Jingle action events".

When a resource receives session-initiate, it would publish the
payload of the IQ stanza and the other resources would receive it.
Jingle spec would only define the means to get these events.
Implementations would be free to implement advanced handling of the
events.

A simple implementation would only indicate that other client is
ringing. That would be enough to ensure that a call is never missed
because of the priority values.

This is just a quick thought. I don't know if it is makes sense.

-lauri