[Standards] distributed MUC rooms

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Sat Jun 9 10:29:58 CDT 2007

Dnia 04-06-2007, pon o godzinie 10:29 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre
napisał(a):
> > • Who has the last word when the firsthost dyes? (That will be in
> 3.6, right?)
>
> Yes, that's hard. Maybe I stopped working when I realized I had gotten
> to the hard parts. :)

There are many that hard, and even harder parts involved in distributed
chat. And these are not simple questions with simple answers.

We should study the IRC protocol carefully and all its variations and
extensions implemented in the most advanced IRC networks out there,
before designing our own distributed chat protocol.
These guys had been battling this problems for ages now and have great
experience and great ideas and solutions. Let's reuse them.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/