[Standards] adding body as RECOMMENDED field for PEP-protocols?

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Mon Jun 11 16:35:41 CDT 2007

Le lundi 11 juin 2007, Adam Nemeth a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> It's been in my head for 3 weeks, so I thought I should ask this
> before it runs out:
>
> I think that eventing protocols, like User Tune, User Mood, User
> Activity, and User Geolocation are pretty much the same: the user
> emits some signal which interested parties could catch
[...]
> Couldn't we just put a <body> or anything <human-readeable> field as a
> recommendation to all these protocols just in the case the client does
> not implement the given protocol, but otherwise wants to show their
> users what happens now?

I support the idea.

And i would even put the body element in the root of the message element. So
even client that doesn't support pubsub can receive such message

(and for all PUBSUB stuff)

(Client will not receive it if there is no tune+notify feature.  But the user
may still request the notification using the normal pubsub subscription ? )

 <message
     from='stpeter at jabber.org'
     to='maineboy at jabber.org'>
   <event xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event'>
     <items node='http://jabber.org/protocol/tune'>
       <item id='bffe6584-0f9c-11dc-84ba-001143d5d5db'>
         <tune xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/tune'>
           <artist>Yes</artist>
           <length>686</length>
           <source>Yessongs</source>