[Standards] adding body as RECOMMENDED field for PEP-protocols?

Adam Nemeth aadaam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:55:01 CDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:

> > Of course, such body element's rendering is entirely based on the
> > SENDER's side, in case the receiver does not support such -when it
> > does, it can render it in its own will (next step would be defining
> > XSLTs, but that's a later story)
> >
> >[...]
> > I was told by stpeter that body element is a standard feature of PubSub.
>
> There is a mention of this in XEP-0060 but it is not very prominent.
> I'll look into making it more prominent in the next version.
>
> But in order to send out a plaintext message <body/> doesn't some entity
> (either the publisher or the pubsub service) need to know how to
> translate the XML semantics into human-readable text?
>
> /psa

Yup, it's the publisher (I called it sender, I'm sorry) - if an entity
knows how to send something (this case: emit an eventing information),
it's the most probable that it has some clues about how it would
render upon reception...

I don't insist it should be called body; I only insist there should
exist a common field for all eventing protocols containing
pre-rendered information. How, and what is upon the list.

--
Aadaam <aadaam at gmail.com>