[Standards] compliance: cert(s)

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Jun 14 19:59:16 CDT 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 2:59 pm, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Would it be appropriate to recommend that client and server developers
> bundle support for the root certificate under which the XMPP ICA issues
> domain certificates?

The XSF is not in a position to vouch for the trustworthiness of a certificate
authority.  At best, you could cite some other organization as being the
basis of the recommendation.  For example, a XEP could claim that StartCom is
WebTrust-certified, and is therefore generally accepted as trustworthy for
economic usage over the open internet.

That said, I think making a recommendation like this is mostly redundant.

-Justin