[Standards] dialback: piggybacking

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Sat Jun 16 03:04:50 CDT 2007

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
> I received some extensive feedback on server dialback from someone
> offlist, and the commenter complained long and loud about the many
> ambiguities involved in the so-called "piggybacking" method described here:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-02.html#dialback-reuse
>

> The suggestion is to remove piggybacking. I would like feedback from
> people on this list about whether that is desirable.

I just want to note that if piggybacking is removed we break
compatibility with existing implementations and we therefore have to
change the XMPP version to 2.0.

I am not sure if removing piggybacking is that important, that we want
to do this incompatible change.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56