[Standards] dialback: piggybacking

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Sat Jun 16 08:07:18 UTC 2007

JD Conley schrieb:
> I don't know. Although it's confusing as hell to the first time
> implementer, this is pretty common practice in current implementations.
> Small scale servers like Google Talk make extensive use of it from what
> I recall... :) Jabberd used to do it as well (though I can't confirm
> that with recent editions).

jabberd14 1.6.x still does piggybacking, but you won't notice it that
often, because on most bigger/well known jabberd14 installations the s2s
component is now clustered and piggybacking is only used if dialback is
tried on the same instance that also owns the existing connection.

Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56
81476 München        http://ma.tthias.eu/