[Standards] dialback: piggybacking

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Sat Jun 16 03:07:18 CDT 2007

JD Conley schrieb:
> I don't know. Although it's confusing as hell to the first time
> implementer, this is pretty common practice in current implementations.
> Small scale servers like Google Talk make extensive use of it from what
> I recall... :) Jabberd used to do it as well (though I can't confirm
> that with recent editions).

jabberd14 1.6.x still does piggybacking, but you won't notice it that
often, because on most bigger/well known jabberd14 installations the s2s
component is now clustered and piggybacking is only used if dialback is
tried on the same instance that also owns the existing connection.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56