[Standards] roster schema

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Sun Jun 24 11:21:50 CDT 2007

Hi Joe!

Joe Hildebrand schrieb:
> What do you mean by character?
> - Glyph?
> - Codepoint?
>
> Do you have to perform some sort of canonicalization before counting?
> Combining characters make this particularly difficult, which is why we
> settled on something easy to describe and understand in JIDs.

For JIDs: This all has been already solved with stringprep which XMPP
uses (i.e. Codepoints after stringprep normalization). For the case of
roster items: Characters as how they are sent be user user that creates
the roster item (i.e. Codepoints as transmitted).

I don't see where you have a problem with it. - And if you would have
it, you must also have a problem in couting octets, as they very
depending on the type of normalization as well.

Matthias