[Standards] Getting pending subscription requests

Brett Zamir brettz9 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 15:57:36 CST 2008

In http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#owner-subreq-pernode , a
per-node request (of pending subscriptions) is to be made using Ad-hoc
Commands. The Openfire implementation returns a <command/> child and
looking at the Ad-hoc Commands spec,
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0050.html#execute-multiple , under
example 15, it looks like
this is indeed the correct behavior. In the Pubsub spec, however, the
success result (example 169) is an empty <iq/> (no <command/> child).

Should the Pubsub spec be corrected or should the Ad-hoc Command spec
make clear that an iq response can be completely empty?

Also the wording in Pubsub seems a little unclear: "the owner then MAY
request pending subscription approval requests". I think it would be
more clear that there is to be an actual change of state, if the word
"submit" is used in place of the first "request". Also the example's
title is similarly confusing: "Owner requests all pending subscription
requests for a node", since it seems to me that this section is talking
about approving the subscriptions.

And lastly, any responses on my previous emails?

thanks,
Brett