[Standards] [devcon] abuse reporting

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Feb 27 15:31:04 UTC 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 2:59 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Pedro Melo wrote:
>> On Feb 25, 2008, at 2:00 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>> On day 1 of the DevCon we talked about abuse reporting. Last week I
>>> wrote a small spec about it:
>>> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/error-abuse.html
>> I did a quick read, and I like what I saw so far. I need to read it
>> again though.
> I hope you read version 0.0.2 -- it's much better than 0.0.1. :)

I think it was 0.2, but I'll re-read it anyway... :)

>>> We may want to change that so it's similar to XEP-0161, or even
>>> merge
>>> the two (isn't spim a subset of abuse?):
>> The first time I saw example 1 above, I though "hmms.. we might
>> need a
>> reason here...".
>> So if we add a <reason> to the <abuse> stanza, we could merge 161
>> with
>> this.
> Is that a human-readable reason or a machine-readable reason? Or do we
> want both, perhaps?

I think a machine-readable version is important because most of the
time these reports will be generated by automated processes.

Human readable might be interesting for one-off reporting by a end-
user. But this spec focus on server-to-server reporting.

Best regards,
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org