[Standards] adium and returned 'subscribed' presence

Adam Pisoni apisoni at geni.com
Tue Jul 8 23:12:18 UTC 2008

In working on this xmpp4r component framework I'm trying to understand
how different clients deal with subscriptions.   I'm running a local
ejabberd and a component connected to this local ejabberd server.  I
am also connected to this local ejabberd server with another regular
user that ejabberd is managing.   My component is set to auto-respond
to subscription requests with a subscribed presence as well as its own
subscription request.  When I watch the xml from the components end,
what I'm seeing is that Adium never returns a subscribed presence.
It DOES accept the subscription, but never responds that it did.

I had to decide where to mark the JID as subscribed and realized I had
to do it when I get a 'subscribe' presence as opposed to a
'subscribed' presence since I can't guarantee I'll get a 'subscribed'
presence.  Anyone else seen this behavior?