[Standards] thread destruction

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jul 16 14:52:07 UTC 2008

Kevin Smith wrote:
>> Yes, I think you're right. So maybe we just need to define <gone/> more
>> carefully?
> Seems so to me.

Well, <gone/> is defined as "the user has effectively ended their
participation in the chat session" -- i.e., the user has not interacted
with the chat interface, system, or device for a relatively long period
of time (e.g., 2 minutes), or has terminated the chat interface (e.g.,
by closing the chat window).

Perhaps it's as simple as taking out that bit about terminating the chat
interface and instead using timers (and perhaps 2 minutes is too short
as a suggested trigger).