[Standards] offline delivery when the connection is broken

Alban Crequy alban.crequy at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 09:12:59 CDT 2008

Hi,

What happens if the Jabber server sends a <message> to the client but
the client never received it because its internet connection is broken?
Does the Jabber server store the message for offline delivery when,
after the TCP timeout, the server closes the connection?

Is this case specified in the protocol? Does jabberd implement this
correctly? Or is the message lost?

In my scenario, the Jabber server did not receive the TCP ack for the
lost message, but I don't see how it can help to know which messages
were correctly delivered and which messages were lost.

--
Alban