[Standards] New Proto-XEP: Multi-User Gaming

Torsten Grote Torsten.Grote at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 08:03:58 CDT 2008

Jehan said the following on 07/18/2008 02:45 PM:
> I will read that soon and give my opinion. :-)

Thank you in advance for this! :)

> And I will probably be
> an implementer also if this fits me because I was thinking about a
> game with XMPP (in fact I had begun to write it several monthes ago
> and stopped it, but with a home-made very basic protocol on TCP. And
> recently I was thinking about rewriting it with XMPP!).

If you are just looking to implement a simple two player game, you might
be interested in Pidgin Games [1], a XMPP gaming approach integrating in
instant messengers that is always seeking developers who implement more
games.
There are already are two ProtoXEPs [2] [3] (that will soon be submitted
to the XMPP editor) for this kind of simple instant gaming.
Might be interesting for you.

> Jehan

Regards,
Torsten