[Standards] presence priority -1 issues

Jack Moffitt jack at chesspark.com
Mon Jul 28 04:53:39 UTC 2008

>> It's possible this is just a UI problem.
> I remember chatting to Pedro Melo about this back in February, and I
> believe our conclusion back then was just that clients will start
> showing -1 as a non-chat resource, or somesuch, depending on how
> general usage pans out

Ok, fair enough, but there are other problems.

Jabberd2 and Google Talk both refuse to send presence to resources at
priority -1.  This is fatal for us with Speeqe since this means you
will never receive muc presence from the room.  I haven't tested this
yet with Palaver, but this is the case with ejabberd 2.x muc component
when using either jabberd2 or google talk accounts to access them.

I hope that I am just missing something.